Publishing research papers in international journals is a great way to get your work out to the scientific community. However, many journals charge fees for publication, making it difficult for researchers with limited budgets to publish. Fortunately, there are a few options available for researchers who would like to publish their research papers in an international journal for free.
Benefits of International Journal Publication
- Increased exposure and professional recognition
- Opportunity to collaborate with researchers from around the globe
- Wider dissemination of research findings
Choosing the Right Journal
- Consider your research topic and the journal’s scope
- Evaluate the journal’s impact factor
- Check the journal’s publication speed
Submitting Your Paper
- Adhere to the journal’s author guidelines
- Ensure that your paper meets the journal’s publication standards
- Pay attention to the formatting and style of the paper
The Review Process
- Make sure to respond promptly to any reviewer comments
- Revise your paper according to the reviewer’s suggestions
- Double-check grammar and spelling mistakes
Finalizing the Publication
- Follow the journal’s guidelines for accepted authors
- Submit the final version of the paper
- Submit the copyright transfer form
It’s important to note that the suitability of a journal for your research paper depends on the specific topic and field. It’s recommended to thoroughly research and evaluate journals based on factors such as scope, relevance, impact factor, and peer review process. Here are a few renowned international journals across different disciplines:
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- The Lancet
- ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction
- Journal of Marketing Research
- Journal of Finance
Remember to carefully review the guidelines and scope of each journal to ensure your research aligns with its requirements. Additionally, consult with your academic advisors or colleagues for specific recommendations based on your research field and topic.
Where to submit my research journal?
- ResearchGate: A popular platform for sharing and publishing research papers across various disciplines. Website: https://www.researchgate.net/
- Academia.edu: A platform that allows researchers to share and discover academic papers, facilitating wider visibility and collaboration. Website: https://www.academia.edu/
- SSRN (Social Science Research Network): A leading online repository for early-stage research in the field of social sciences. Website: https://www.ssrn.com/
- arXiv: A preprint server that focuses on scientific papers in the fields of mathematics, physics, computer science, and more. Website: https://arxiv.org/
- Zenodo: A platform where researchers can share and preserve their research outputs, including journals and other scholarly materials. Website: https://zenodo.org/
- Google Scholar: A widely used search engine for academic literature, which also allows researchers to create and maintain their profiles. Website: https://scholar.google.com/
- PubMed Central: A digital archive of free and full-text biomedical and life sciences journal articles. Website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/
A couple more sources to explore
To submit your journal for publication, you can consider various reputable academic journals in your specific field of study. The submission process and required format may vary depending on the journal. Here are a few common platforms and their general submission guidelines:
- Elsevier: A leading publisher of scientific, technical, and medical research. Submission Guidelines: Visit the Elsevier journal website of your choice and navigate to the “Guide for Authors” section to find specific formatting and submission instructions.
- Springer: A prominent publisher covering a wide range of academic disciplines. Submission Guidelines: Visit the Springer Journal website relevant to your research area and refer to the “Instructions for Authors” or “Submission Guidelines” section for formatting and submission requirements.
- IEEE Xplore: A platform for electrical engineering, computer science, and related disciplines. Submission Guidelines: Visit the IEEE Xplore website and explore the specific journal you wish to submit to. Look for the “Author Resources” section or the journal’s website for detailed instructions.
- Taylor & Francis: A publisher with journals covering various subject areas. Submission Guidelines: Access the Taylor & Francis journal website of your interest and locate the “Instructions for Authors” or “Submit Your Paper” section for specific formatting guidelines and submission details.
- Wiley: A publisher offering journals across multiple disciplines. Submission Guidelines: Visit the Wiley Journal website in your field and find the “Author Guidelines” or “Submission Information” section for instructions on formatting and submission procedures.
When submitting your journal, ensure you adhere to the specific journal’s guidelines regarding file format, referencing style, word count, and any other requirements. Pay attention to details such as cover letter, abstract, keywords, and citation formatting.
- Keep track of the paper’s progress throughout the publication process
- Use the journal’s feedback to improve your writing
- Share the published paper with your peers and colleagues